Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MY CHENILLE SLIPCOVERED CHAIR

How sweet is this???? i made this from a vintage chenille bedspread and added vintage pink pom pom trim, which I've had in my collection of wonderful vintage trims that i have been buying for about 5 years now -i just love trim. I had purchase several chairs that came from a remodeling of the marriott hotel in Long Island, NY ( which coincidentally is where i am from). They were red, but I'm sure you will agree - it looks soooo much cuter in this adorable pink slipcover !!!
This was sold to a wonderful lady named deb- she owns THE PINK PIG in Westport NY. She loved them so much she decided to order more. I went to visit a lady that i knew had some, in fact, she was saving them for me. I was off the next day to her home to get them. Oh they are wonderful - purple and white, pink , and white with little pink and blue flowers , 2 2 cute!! I cant wait to get sewing :-)

3 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Stunning job, as always. You are very talented. I am so thrilled your shop is doing so well.

    Keep up the good work! Beautiful...

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do the sewing all yourself or have them made? If so, how difficult is it to make slipcovers as I have a love seat I would like to do. I have already purchased and dyed the candlewick bedspreads to use as the material. Any suggestions would be so very welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to post about it on my blog later today....
    Check tomorrow: http://eco-proper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete